Monday, June 20, 2011

Dinner!

Here was my dinner this evening:




(Steamed Spinach, Noodles, Tilapia, Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing)

I bought a new salad dressing today!  It's Sesame Ginger--a little sweet-sour type tasting, and at only 45 calories, I'm pleased :)  I'll still have to use up my remaining Caesar, but this is a much healthier switch.  The Tilapia was cooked on the grill (you can see the remnants of the foil used to cook it) with garlic and onion powder, salt, pepper, and some spring onions on top.  I absolutely adore fish, and all seafood really, so I have a particular fondness for the meal.  The noodles?  Probably not very good for me, but my mom made them for dinner and I didn't have time to make me an alternative carb so I just ate what she made. 

I'm feeling really good today, after having ran this morning and eaten well all day.  I've also gone ahead and made a Weight Loss book for myself.  Basically, I took a nice notebook I had lying around and on the first page wrote down what I was allowed to eat for each of the three meals during the day, followed by a list of acceptable snacks.  I also wrote down a list of everything I could think of to busy myself, to help prevent snacking.  I fully recognize that many times I eat just because I'm bored and there's nothing to do, so hopefully my own personal activity list will help inspire me to do less unhealthy things :)  There's also a page dedicated to my actual weight, which I will record every Sunday.  Sundays, by the way, are my "day off," from dieting.  Not that I can go wild or anything, but I don't run on Sundays (mainly because church in the mornings prevents me and it's far too hot in the afternoon) and if I want to treat myself to going out to eat, I can.  I've read many articles and books that say if you don't give yourself certain times when you let yourself indulge a little, you'll never keep up with your diet.  

The final pages of my book are dedicated to quotes that I find particularly useful in helping me stay on track, so I've decided to share one with you everyday as well.

Quote #1

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall." - Confucius

No comments:

Post a Comment