Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Keeping it up!

My new eating habits are going well.  What I miss most, I think, is the carbs.  I'm a carb-o-holic, and I know it.  Bread, pasta, rice, you name it, I want it and in huge amounts please.  So cutting back on my carb intake is really very difficult for me. 

I've also given up drinking soda, even the diet kind.  Even though all diets I've looked into (Weight Watchers, Nutra System, etc.) seem to allow diet soda in whatever quantity you want, I'm not comfortable with all the fake sugars, dyes, and what not.  Besides, drinking water is great for you, so I'm feeling good with the decision.  :)

This evening my dinner started with a salad (as usual) and then was followed by two small chicken tenders cooked in tomato with garlic powder and onion, along with a small amount of potatoes with onion and steamed broccoli and green beans for my veggies.  Really delicious and really filling. 

Quote #2: "Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can." -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment