Thursday, June 16, 2011

New Beginnings

I'll admit it--I fell off the wagon a bit.  Not reaching my goal of getting into my "Wish Dress" as I call it, was extremely depressing.  I felt like such a failure, even though by the end of school I had dropped 21 pounds.  But like so many people, I ended up focusing only on the bad and not at all on the good.  Well.  The past is past, and now it's time to more forward.  Starting right now.

Breakfast this morning was a bowl of Fiber One cereal and strawberry Fiber One yogurt.  A lot of fiber?  Yep.  Trust me, I need it.  I also fully recognize that flavored yogurts aren't the best of foods to be putting into my body.  Artificial sugars, dyes, etc. are not my ideal choice for food, but being lactose intolerant, I get very little calcium in my diet.  However, yogurt contains a natural enzyme that allows me to digest it even though it is made from dairy milk.  What about Greek Yogurt, you say?  Three words:   I hate it.  In truth, I really don't like the taste of yogurt, and I only enjoy eating the flavored kind because it masks that sour-tangy taste. 

Anyway, here's a picture of today's lunch:

(Salad with Caesar Dressing, Campbell's Chicken Mushroom Barley Soup, Clover Roll)

I've done this diet before, in the months prior to when I left to study abroad for a year in Japan.  I ate a salad and a bowl of Campbell's soup everyday for lunch, which was a bit monotonous, but really worked.  So I'm starting again.  This soup is a part of Campbell's "Light" options, which I find reduce the fat and calories a little and the salt a lot.  I'd never tried this particular variety and I found it to be okay.  Not my favorite, but I did enjoy the mushrooms and barley.  Oh--and the little roll in the corner is homemade by myself :)  I'd like to try whole wheat one day, but we only had white flour in the house.

Anyway, I feel better about myself now that I'm trying again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment