Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Running Goals

Oh man, if the above picture isn't the most truthful thing I've read in awhile.  As I mentioned in a previous post, I've been running before work.  This means that I wake up at about 6:20 AM so I can be out the door by 6:30.  I then proceed to run two miles, stretch, shower, and rush off to work.  It can definitely be hard to force myself outside when the sun isn't even completely up.  Still, I've kept it up and I'm pretty proud of myself.

Last week, I ran a total of 8 miles.  (I didn't decide to start morning running until Tuesday, so I skipped Monday).  This week, I hope to run 10 miles, meaning that I'll run my two miles Mon-Fri.  Next week I hope to run 12 by incorporating Saturday as well. 

I really think goals are very important.  They give you something tangible to strive towards.  I know I have a long way to go yet on my weight-loss, but I'm still trying!  Tomorrow is another weigh-in and I really hope I'm close to achieving my mini-goal of weighing under 200 lbs.  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment