Thursday, September 6, 2012

So I Tried Zumba

Yeah, note that the title says, "tried." So after youtubing Zumba and peeping in on classes while at my gym, I finally decided to put on my big girl panties and go try it out.  I had heard that a girl I knew when I was 6 or 7 was now teaching the class, so I thought it wouldn't be so awkward if I at least knew the instructor.  And it was super nice to see her again after so many years.  She lost 50 pounds or so doing Zumba and now teaches it!  Which is just dumbfounding.  She looks wonderful.

As for the class--STUFF IS HARD.  And here I was thinking that I was being so healthy and was more or less in pretty good shape, 200 pounds or not.  WRONG.  I was dying halfway through the hour-long class.  I also found out I'm pretty uncoordinated.  My body was covered in sweat by the end of the class--even my hair was damp! 

And you know what?  It was awesome.  I can't wait to do it again.  I know right?  What's happened to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment