Monday, April 18, 2011

Today's Lunch

Here's what I ate for lunch today:

 (Salad, Pesto Orzo with artichokes and black olives, Eggplant Parmesan)

 After I ate this lunch, I was still a bit peckish, so I also ate small orange.  I was very excited for the salad, because our school hasn't been offering tomatoes for over a month now, but I was able to have some today :)  Tomatoes are one of my favorite vegetables/fruits, so I've sincerely missed them.  The Pesto Orzo is also new to the school, I've never seen it in the four years I've been here, and I really enjoy it.  It was really flavorful.  My only problem is that they mixed in some feta cheese, and as I'm lactose intolerant, I had to pick the little hunks out.  (I can eat parmesan cheese with no problem).  The eggplant parmesan is also another of my favorite entree options.  It's a bit small, but has a lot of flavor.

(close-up of the eggplant parmesan)

Overall, I really enjoyed this lunch, although I found myself really hungry by the time I could eat dinner.  On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, I work out in the gym, consequently I feel a bit hungrier those days.

You may have noticed the lack of meat in my meal--no, I'm not vegetarian.  But I have decided to try and participate in the "No Meat Mondays" movement.  (Meatless Monday Website)  While I knew that most Americans were consuming far too much meat, I had no idea the percentage was as high as 45%.  So in an attempt to cut down, I'm going to attempt to refrain from eating meat on Mondays.  Luckily, my school always offers a vegetarian option, so I don't think I'll find this very hard to do.

For the next post, I'd like to further explain the specific options my university offers daily.


No comments:

Post a Comment