Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Flourless Banana Pancakes!

Hey Guys!  It's been awhile since I've posted a recipe, so I thought I'd share today.  I recently came across a pin that sounded so easy, I just had to try it.  And low and behold, it was wonderful!  So, without further ado:

Flourless Banana Pancakes!!



These are the ingredients you will need:


Food ingredients:
1 Banana
2 Eggs

Tools:
1 Bowl
1 Potato Masher/Fork
Something to use to dip the batter onto the grill

Now, let's start!





First, break apart the banana into pieces and put them in the bowl.




Then, get to mashing!  Try to make the pieces as small as you can.




 Crack the two eggs into the mixture.

 Now, this is where I actually deviated from the recipe slightly.   I added a couple dashes of cinnamon, and a few drops of vanilla.  In truth, I'm not a huge banana fan, so I wanted to add in some other flavors.





With or without the add-ins, continue mixing until it's as smooth as you can get it.  Unless you pull out a blender or something, there will be lumps.  Don't worry about them, they didn't mess up the recipe.





Next, ladle out the batter onto a preheated pan sprayed with a little canola oil/butter.  Cook until they're golden brown underneath.


Flip the pancakes and keep cooking.




Transfer them to a plate and enjoy!!!  As you can see, one batch will quite a few small-ish pancakes.  I like to make smaller ones, because it feels like I get to eat so many more :)  As for taste, they're really good.  I would actually add more cinnamon next time.  Other ingredients I think would work well would be: nuts, peanut butter, berries, coconut, or even mini-chocolate chips for a special treat.  The texture is pretty dense and slightly chewy.  These are definitely not light, fluffy pancakes, but they are jam-packed full of great stuff for your body.  (one banana is two servings of fruit!)

So, there you go!   Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment