Sunday, October 7, 2012

Operation October

I have a new goal for this month, and I am giving it the unnecessarily epic name of Operation October.  I was inspired by a fellow blogger that I admire who has decided to make a blog post for every single day in October.  So, I have decided that I am going to exercise every single day in October.

Usually, I exercise between 4-5 times a week, sometimes more, sometimes less.  This month, I'm going to try for every single day.  Whatever activity I do doesn't have to be running a marathon, but has to last at least 10 minutes.

I haven't had the time to go running recently, but I have made sure that I at least get my ten minutes in.  If you haven't heard of Spark People, it's a great website and resource for those wanting to lose weight.  I like to refer to it as the Facebook of Weight-Loss, although it's really so much more than that.  Anyway, they have exercise videos to do that are usually 10 minutes and sometimes longer.  There are a lot and so far I've tried a cardio video that kicked my butt and also a Qi Gong video that made me sleepy at the time but that also made the muscles in my thigh sore the next day.

A couple of days this week I was able to use my job as my exercise.  How, you ask?  I have a part-time job giving tours in the evening in my historical town.  I dress up in a big civil war gown and walk for about a mile and a half.  It's actually very good exercise, especially since I'm wearing so many layers it adds weight.

Today is October 6th, and I have exercised for at least 10 minutes a day for 6 days straight!  25 more days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment