Sunday, October 14, 2012

Running Update!

Truth.
Last time I wrote about running, I was up to 2 miles without stopping.  Now I can run 3!  However, I must say that it's really hard.  I feel like I moved from 1 mile to 2 miles fairly seamlessly.  For some reason, that third mile is a killer.  My legs and thighs hurt a lot by the end and I'm way more tired than after just 2 miles.  Still, it's very exciting to know that I could finally enter a 5K and not make a fool of myself.

As an interesting side note to this, the road I run on has undergone a transformation.  A few weeks ago, they took away the road's surface and paved it with small rocks instead.  I have no idea why they did this instead of repaving it.  And it was really annoying because I couldn't use that road to run on for awhile.  Now, the rocks on the road also happen to correspond with the sale of what used to be a golf course on the one side of the road.  It's now just park land and is no longer carefully mowed.  The grass and other vegetation has grown up significantly.

I mention this because apparently, now that the golf course is wilderness again and the road is less road-like, animals feel more okay with trying to go across.  However, just as many cars are still traveling down this road.  Because of this, I have now dubbed this road The Road of Death.  So far, I've seen two frogs, three snakes, a couple squirrels, and many fuzzy caterpillars that have met their end on this road.  It's very morbid.  I actually saw a live snake slithering across the other day and I totally cheered him on.  I did the same with the caterpillars I saw today.

Anyway, just wanted to do a running update!  Hopefully, I can get used to this 3 mile thing, because it's truly painful at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment