Saturday, May 26, 2012

More temptations

Two girls recently graduated from college where I work, and another girl brought in two dozen cupcakes for everyone to celebrate.  Really?  Cupcakes?  Not even homemade, either, those ones from grocery stores that are full of preservatives and topped with an inch and a half of icing and sprinkles.  Not fair.  But I managed to resist!  I'm still ridiculously proud of myself.  I had to walk by them and look away quickly, otherwise I was scared my resolve would end.

I confess: I'm scared that I'll stop and gain more weight.  I'm scared that I'll never be a healthy weight.  But I'm hoping to use this fear and channel it into exercising harder and choosing food that's good for my body.  It's starting to really sink in that this is something I'll have to keep up with for the rest of my life.  I will always have to workout and eat well.  No more boxed macaroni and cheese sandwiches.  (Don't ask.)

That being said, I haven't worked out today yet.  However, I did clean my whole house.  Mopped the floor, dusted, vacuumed, dishes--the works.  And that was a workout in itself.  I want to go running, but it's terribly hot outside.  It's nearly 90, so I'm going to wait til this evening when it's cooler.  A gym membership would be super helpful right about now.  Why must be they be so expensive?

No comments:

Post a Comment