Monday, June 4, 2012

Running

Today I ran 2 miles without stopping!!!!!!  This is so exciting, it gets copious amounts of exclamation points.  I almost feel as if I may have been able to run a little bit more, too.  It's amazing what your body can do, when you really try.  I haven't even been running in days now, because I've either been working all day or it's rained outside.  Somehow, I ran better than usual.  Was I fast?  No.  It probably took a good 1/2 hour to do that two miles, but I'm damned proud of those 30 minutes. 

What I'm secretly working up to is the ability to run a 5k.  Specifically, I want to participate in the Color Run.  ( http://thecolorrun.com/ ) Ever since I first heard about it, I've harbored the idea in the back of my mind that I'd try to participate one day.  It would be nice to also not finish dead last and looking like a dead rainbow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment