Sunday, July 22, 2012

Recipe!

Here's another of my favorite recipes.  I like it because it involves two of my favorite foods: egg and avocado.  I discovered it while trying to find a recipe for egg salad (I'm a die-hard fan) that did not have mayonnaise.

Mayo-less Egg Salad

Ingredients:
3 hard boiled eggs
1/2 avocado
1/2 English cucumber
2 spring onions or 1/4 red onion
Brown mustard
Lime juice
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:
Roughly chop the hard boiled eggs into small-medium sized pieces and place in a large bowl.  Dice the cucumber and add to the bowl.  Finely chop the spring onion or red onion and add to the bowl.  Halve the avocado and put half into the bowl.  (Hint: to save the other half, do not remove the pit and it will keep it from turning brown.)  Place 1-2 teaspoons of brown mustard into the bowl, adjusting more or less to how tangy you like it.  Squeeze a lime wedge over the top of the mixture and mix it all together, being sure to really mash up the avocado.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

I like to serve this in a 1/2 of a whole wheat pita lined with lettuce leaves.  Simply.  Fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment