Monday, June 11, 2012

Social Functions

Yesterday, I was invited to a Summer picnic at my neighbor's house.  I have never seen so much food!  Meat of every shape and variety, three different pasta salads, two different potato salads, soup, homemade bread, fruits, and a slew of desserts.  Guys.  There was homemade baklava.  /swoon.  I ate two pieces.  I regret nothing.  Really, I actually don't.  I thought I would, but when I look back on things, I've been consistently exercising and eating well for nearly four weeks now.  One splurge in a month?  I'm okay with that.  I don't ever want to be that person who never eats anything 'bad' for them because they're afraid of gaining an ounce.  No, I want to enjoy food, but in moderation. 

I know I did better at this party.  Overall, I didn't eat very much.  A bit of the homemade bread (divine), the baklava, a small pieces of meat and roasted potato.  Had I been the girl I was prior to my new lifestyle change, I would have eaten way more and way worse.  I would have skipped the fruit altogether and gone right for the carbs.  I likely would have eaten most of the bread at the picnic, as well as the potato and pasta salads.  The desserts?  They wouldn't have stood a chance.  But instead I ate fruit, only a small amount of bread, a small amount of meat, and a bit of dessert.  So I'm patting myself on the back for this one.

I also made sure to exercise well yesterday, so I ran two miles, walked, and then did an exercise video.

No comments:

Post a Comment