Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer



To me, Summer has always been my least favorite season of the year.  Fat girls don't like to be hot, I guess, and seeing all the thin girls in their little shorts and tank tops make me jealous and upset.  I'm so embarassed about my body, I don't even own a pair of shorts.  It may be in the 90s, but I'm still in jeans. 

However.  I am coming to appreciate Summer, at least a little bit.  I don't know that I'll ever be a huge fan of sweating and steaming heat, but there are things about this season that are definitely growing on me.  For instance, I live in very small town, surrounded by farms, so going to Farmer's Markets has been a new, and exceedingly fun experience.  This week, I'd say about 90% of my fruits and vegetables came from the local Farmer's Market.  And it's super rewarding to know that you're helping support the local farms.  And since we're on the topic of fruits and vegetables, I am also grateful to Summer for giving such an abundance of fresh produce and for also driving down the price.  I'm coming to love fruits and vegetables more than I ever thought I would, and having such fresh variety easily available is certainly something to be thankful for.

Yet, there are still then things about Summer that drive me insane.  The heat.  Ooooh, how I hate to be hot.  My favorite season is actually Winter.  I know a lot of people who become very depressed in the Winter, but I have some freaky opposite reaction wherein I become way happier at that time.  Snow, fires, and Christmas?  Yes, please!  I'll pretend that the hot cocoa and homemade cookies have nothing to do with it.

Yesterday, it was 100 degrees outside.  100!  And today it's supposed to reach that temperature again.  Even the overnight low was in the high-seventies.  I couldn't let myself go out and run in that heat.  I ran in 90 degree weather just the other week and felt exceedingly dizzy towards the end.  I want to lose weight and be healthy, not fall over from sun stroke.  I can clearly see where I could reap the benefits of a gym membership right about now.  I'm seriously considering it.

No comments:

Post a Comment